Bizkaia Science and Technology Park Building 205 E-48170 Zamudio (Spain)
Laura Escobar (Facility Technician) firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy of Use of this facility, both for internal and external users, is available at website.
Our Imaging Unit is equipped with a Leica TCS STED CW SP8 super-resolution microscope. This confocal microscope allows exploring details of samples (in our case, brain tissue), below the limits of diffraction barrier with a purely optical approach, even on living samples in real time. Its technology allows super-resolution optical sections, which can penetrate the samples, and allow the observation of dynamic cellular processes at the nanoscale. It is equipped with a white laser for a more flexible and precise excitation and a super-resolution system (STED extended with Gated STED) that solves structural details in the range of 50-80 nm in samples with double fluorescent labeling.
- Inverted Leica DMI 6000B microscope.
- Objectives: 10x Air, 20x Air, 40x Oil, 63x Oil, 100x Oil (g-STED).
- Galvanometric Z-stage and motorized XY-stage for multiposition imaging (mosaic, time lapse).
- White Light Laser (470-670 nm tunable excitation with 1nm interval).
- Argon Laser (458, 476, 488, 496, 514 excitation lines).
- Ultraviolet Laser (405 nm excitation line, AOTF Flexible)
- STED CW unit (592 depletion laser for super-resolution and 100x objective)
- Epifluorescence - Confocal and UV laser technologies - Living Cell - STED